As a photographer creating memories for my kids is really important to me, photos are a massive part of my life and they constantly trigger memories from the past! I have no photos of me under the age of 2 years and 10 months which makes me really sad! I have no idea what I looked like as a baby; if I was similar looking to any of my three children or not at all! I'm sure it is the same for a lot of people as cameras were a very expensive luxury years ago. Anyway my kids won't have the same problem lol I have thousands and thousands of them ;o)
|First photo I've got of me! I'm on the left :O)|
I've been thinking a lot recently about my memories as a child and most of my memories are of holidays, days out, family get togethers or quite traumatic things like having stitches, losing a pet etc so I want to make sure that my kids have plenty of good, happy experiences for them to have great memories when they are older.
Things I really want my kids to experience –
- Adventure – When we were kids every day was an adventure, climbing trees, exploring the countryside, picnics with friends, hide and seek on a hot summers night etc Does this even happen anymore? Has society got so messed up that children cannot be children anymore? We used to go out first thing in a morning and come back at tea time with dirty clothes, scraped knees and stories full of adventure! I know that I am very cautious about where my kids are and worry about who is out there! I wish that my kids could feel the “freeness” that I felt when I was younger!
- Hard work – I had a paper round from a very early age (yes yes it was an uphill one) and worked from the age of 11/12, I didn’t really have a love for school but I loved to work and make money so I could treat my nephews. We used to have to help out at home too; I used to dread the day when Dad would cut the hedge as he’d make us stay at home and pick up all the trimmings lol! I really don’t think hard work does us any harm! I hope to show my kids hard work sometime ;) Not in a bad way… do you know what I mean?
- Love – I desperately hope that my kids will always feel loved by me!
Some places I want to take my kids (not just for my kids these are experiences for me too) –
- Disneyland in the USA – This has been a huge dream of mine for years and unfortunately I didn’t get to take Liam when he was younger but I do plan to take Maisie & Maxwell at some point! After visiting Disneyland Paris last year I can only imagine how amazing I will be!
- Lapland – Another huge dream of mine is to take them to Lapland to meet Santa & go on a sleigh ride!
- I want them to experience different climates and cultures, experience new foods and smells! I first went abroad when I was pregnant with Maisie. I was 29 when I got my first passport! I have been to France twice!!! Other than that I have never left this tiny Country!
Things I want to do with the kids –
- Take them camping and sit round a campfire singing and toasting Marshmallows.
- Explore London & take them on the London Eye.
- I want to teach them to be helpful & kind and show them how fortunate we are.
There are so many things I want to do with them; over the next few week I am going to put a list of everything we want to achieve on the blog and then strike it out once it is completed! I really need goals in my life to make things happen!!
I realise some of these things will be way above are budget and some will probably force us to go down the cash for gold route lol but I'm really starting to believe that if you 'think big, big things will happen'
Things I want my kids to know & remember -
That they had a loving family with lots of happy times!
That Mum & Dad were/are there for them no matter what!
That Mummy loves them more than anything in this world xxx
* This is a sponsored post
My blog has now moved to http://thismummyloves.com come over and join me :)